Story time is a classic activity of elementary school.
The teacher reads the text on a few pages, and then turns the book around to
face the students so they can see the pictures.
One disadvantage is that we never seem to hold the pictures up for long,
and students who are not sitting near the front often do not see the images
very well. Story time can be transformed forever using a Document camera,
visualiser or digital presenter, with projected images of pictures and text
large enough for all students to see.
1. Choose the book that is to be read together as a
2. Project the image of each page of the book that is
being read using the visualiser, digital presenter, document camera.
3. Call attention to target words and illustrations as
4. Quiz students verbally about elements of the story.
5. Have students draw additional illustrations for
certain parts of the book.