A knowledge of chronological order of events is essential
for students when discussing complex causes and events in history. A document
camera, visualiser or digital presenter can provide an excellent way to
interactively practice timelines.
1. Draw a timeline with numbers of the target era. Do not
include events on the timeline.
2. Using a Document camera, visualiser or digital presenter,
project the image of the timeline on a surface that students can write on.
3. Assign students in groups to sections of the timeline.
4. Assign groups to find at least five significant events
that occurred during the section of the timeline that has been assigned to
5. Have group members come to the board to add their
findings to the timeline.
6. As a class, check for accuracy and discuss
significance of each event.
7. Provide students with a similar blank time
line to complete individually as homework or a quiz.