A Document camera, visualiser or digital Presenter can be
used to bring life to sequencing activities such as practicing alphabetical
order or numbers on a number line. Students love to come to the document camera
and see their work projected for the class.
1. Label each small piece of paper with a word to be
placed in alphabetical order.
2. Give a student several slips of paper with words to
put in order under the document camera.
3. Give another student several additional slips of paper
to add to the previous words.
4. Continue until all words have been correctly added in
5. Discuss as a class, clarifying and making corrections
6. As a review activity on a separate occasion, mix the
cards and pass out to different students, repeat activity as listed above,
adding a shortened time constraint.
7. As an assessment, project selected numbers using the document
camera, visualiser or digital presenter, have students write the numbers in
order on their own papers.