The following activity can be used to review concepts
through questions, vocabulary, or required memorization such as multiplication
tables. It is an excellent way to achieve class participation with students
such as beginning level English Language Learners or students who may be shy to
speak during a class discussion.
1. Create a few example flashcards that indicate to
students the concepts or vocabulary to be reviewed.
2. Direct each student to create several flash cards of
the target concepts. Students can use index cards, or simply use small sheets
of notebook paper or printer paper.
3. Have each student come to the projector and place
flashcards questions, one at a time, under the Document camera, visualiser or digital
4. Direct the rest of the class to answer orally, either
by choral response, or by selecting individual students to respond.
5. Choose some of the flashcards to project under the
Document camera, visualiser or digital presenter. Have students copy these questions onto
paper. Assign as homework.
6. After sufficient reviewing, select flash cards to
include on an assessment.